Criteria for CPMSM/CPCS Certification Scholarship
1) Must be an active FAMSS member of at least twelve (12) months in good standing.
2) Scholarship amount shall be the then current exam fee only and requires proof of payment.
3) Cannot be a member of the Board of Directors for either the State or National Associations.
4) Application, plus a 300+ word typewritten statement regarding the applicant who desires to become certified and how certification will benefit both personally and professionally; plus two (2) letters of reference (one from the applicant’s supervisor and one from another FAMSS member) attesting to the applicant’s character and verifying the applicant’s employer is unable and/or unwilling to pay for the NAMSS CPMSM and/or CPCS certification examination fee(s). Must be submitted by deadline. An unemployed candidate may still apply, contingent upon approval of the Board of Directors.
5) Applicants will be measured by the degree of the following:
a) Commitment toward educational growth as a Medical Staff/Credentialing Services Professional;
b) Sincere enthusiasm and support for the goals of FAMSS;
c) Future benefits for FAMSS resulting from certification assistance.
The FAMSS Board of Directors reserves the right to withhold awarding a scholarship. Certification reimbursement is contingent upon the recipient passing the examination.
Please provide in writing your request for the certification scholarship, your name, title, Organization (if applicable), address, phone and fax number, and email address, along with all the requested items and email to the Presssectary@famss.org.
FAMSS Press Secretary